Excited to start your weight loss plan? Indoor stationary cycling can be a great way to help you burn calories, build your muscles, and stay in shape. But do you need to have special cycling shoes?
If you’re using a Peloton Bike, then having special Peloton shoes will help you make the best of your exercise regimen. Keep on reading to learn more about how to clip into Peloton and what makes these shoes different from other cycling shoes.
How to Put On Peloton Shoes
Image source: Pinterest
Your Peloton shoes are compatible with your Peloton spinning bike and are designed to boost your performance and give you the best results. Since the bike’s pedal doesn’t have a clip, putting on these shoes will help you stabilize your feet, so you can work on improving your physical strength and stamina.
These cycling shoes are different from others, mainly because of the cleats and how to clip into the pedal. They help with the power transfer, so you can improve your cadence without getting too tired too fast.
But first, you need to know how to put on these shoes to help you secure your feet and start your workout.
Position the Cleats
Some cycling shoes come with the cleats installed, but with some brands like Peloton, you’ll have to install them yourself. You can either refer to the installation guide or match the holes on the forefront bottom of your shoes with the cleats.
Install the Cleats
Now that you’ve aligned the cleats with your shoes, put the washers on each hole and then tighten the screws using a hex key. Keep on tightening until you can’t tighten them anymore. This will secure your cleats and prevent them from getting undone while you’re cycling.
Undo the Strap
You need to undo the Velcro strap and loosen the system by pushing the button on the buckle. This will give you enough room to insert your feet into the shoes without struggling.
Put on the Shoes
Put on your socks and insert your foot into the shoe. Make sure that your foot is comfortable and that it settles on the insole. If you face some resistance while inserting your foot, undo the buckle system a little bit more.
Secure your Shoes
Loop the strap through the button and pull the button until you hear a clicking sound. This will guarantee that your shoes are secured. If the shoes are too tight, undo them and loosen them a little bit before putting them on one more time.
How to Clip Into Peloton
Image source: Pinterest
After putting on both shoes, you need to clip your Peloton into the pedals. Here are the steps to follow.
- Stand with your legs on both sides of the bike.
- Grab the handlebars to give you balance and leverage.
- Keep one foot on the ground, and use the other one to move the first pedal until it’s in the 6 o’clock position.
- Lift your foot and put it on the pedal, pushing it with the ball of your foot. Point your toes down and press, and you should hear a click when the cleats clip into place.
- If you can’t clip your shoes into place, hold onto the resistance knob and push your full weight down the pedal.
- Repeat the process with the other foot.
- Wiggle your shoes from side to side to make sure that they’re clipped into place, and start cycling.
- When you’re ready to clip out of your pedal, kick your heel outwards. You should feel some resistance, but the cleats will unclip if you do it right.
1. What are the Benefits of Using Peloton Shoes?
They provide an excellent grip on the clipless pedals, and they allow you to pedal with more efficiency to achieve the best results of your workout. They also provide you with more stability, so you can increase the resistance.
Moreover, the cleats are removable, so they’re safer than other cycling shoes that have their cleats attached all the time.
2. Should My Peloton Shoes Fit Snugly?
No, there should be some room at the toe for better comfort and breathability. However, there shouldn’t be too much room, or the friction can lead to skin blisters.
3. Do Peloton Shoes Run Narrow?
No, they run true to size, and they’re suitable for both men and women. The sizing will be perfect if you have standard or narrow feet. But you can size up if you have wide feet or want to give your toes some room to wiggle.
4. Can I Wear My Regular Sneakers On My Peloton Bike?
Yes, but in this case, you’ll have to invest in a toe cage to keep your feet secure. Because Peloton bike pedals are clipless, the special shoes clip into place to provide you with the needed security.
5. Do My Peloton Shoes Arrive With Cleats?
No, you actually have to buy the cleats alone, but you can make the two purchases at the same time.
6. Can I Use Any Cleats With My Peloton Shoes?
Yes, as long as the cleats have the same 3-hole design.
7. Can I Use Other Cycling Shoes with My Peloton Bike?
Yes, you can if they can secure into place. If you have cycling shoes with cleats and the same 3-holes design, just like the Peloton shoes, they’ll be able to clip into place, and you can ride your bike safely.
Peloton bike exercises represent an excellent way to stay in shape, and putting on your cycling shoes and clipping into the pedal will provide you maximum safety and best performance.
Peloton shoes come with bottom cleats that click into your place when you push your foot against the pedal. They provide a better grip and allow you to exercise safely because these pedals are clipless.
Understanding how to put on the shoes and clipping them into the pedal takes some time, but it’s totally worth it.
Featured image source: Pinterest