Choosing the perfect book for a baby shower isn’t your only task. You also need to think of what to write in it. Should you go with a quote, a personal message, or something else? If you’re having trouble deciding what to write in a baby shower book, don’t worry; I’ve got some great ideas for you. So, keep reading!
What to Write in a Baby Shower Book: Beautiful Quotes
Books have become the ultimate baby shower presents, and for a good reason. This gift is perfect for both the baby and the mother, and it’s easy to mail a book even if you’re halfway across the world. Furthermore, books can be incredibly personal gifts.
When you buy one, it shows that you’ve actually put some thought into what to get the mother-to-be. Ultimately, what better way to bring a smile to everyone’s face than with a well-thought-out quote? Luckily, there are so many amazing ones to choose from! Here are some of my favorites.
1. “Remember baby, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you know.”
2. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” ― Anonymous
3. “A new baby, a new life, and new beginning.”
4. “These are going to be the most magical and memorable moments of your life.” ― Anonymous
5. “Motherhood is messy and challenging, but still, it is the most beautiful thing in the world, and I am glad that you are going to experience it soon.”
6. “It is a moment of pure ecstasy and satisfaction when you see a smile flicker on baby’s lips, just as they gently pass into a deep slumber.”
Baby Shower Quotes by Famous People
7. “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” — Elizabeth Stone
8. “There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings.” ― Hodding Carter Jr.
9. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” — Benjamin Spock
10. “I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.” — Vincent Van Gogh
11. “All those cliches, those things you hear about having a baby and motherhood—all of them are true. And all of them are the most beautiful things you will ever experience.” — Penelope Cruz
12. “Children have neither past nor future. They enjoy the present, which very few of us do.” — Jean De La Bruyère
13. “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” — Lish McBride
14. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” ― Eda J. Le Shan
15. “Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God.” ― Barretto
16. “It is a smile of a baby that makes life worth living.” — Debasish Mridha
What to Write in a Baby Shower Book: Personal Message for the Mommy
When you’re invited to a family member’s baby shower or your best friend is about to give birth, there’s no better way to show your love and support than with a personal message straight from your heart!
Truth be told, writing a meaningful message that the mommy-to-be can cherish for the rest of her life will mean more to her than the book itself.
Also, if you’re looking for some inspiration, here are some personal message ideas you can use. Feel free to add a sprinkle of your own magic to them if you like!
Sweet Messages for Baby Shower Book
1. “Being a parent is the highest paid job in the world since the payment is in pure love. Congratulations to two of the best parents the world could ever hope for!”
2. “Parenthood is a wild ride full of love, laughter, questions, learning, excitement, craziness, hugs, kisses and so much more. Congratulations on your tiny little teacher.”
3. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for. Congratulations to my best friend and a wonderful future mommy.”
4. “Thank you for having a baby I can cuddle, spoil, and love. Remember, you can always count on me to be by your side whether the times are happy or tough.”
5. “A mother-to-be has wonderful dreams of her child’s future. Such beautiful plans and love that never ends.”
6. “The unconditional love that you will feel will be with you from the moment you set eyes on your little one.”
7. “No one can totally prepare you for being a mother, but you’ll learn everything you need to know at just the right times.”
8. “As soon as your baby arrives, you will forget all the pain and your heart will be filled with abundant love. Cherish all such rare moments with your little one.”
What to Write in a Baby Shower Book: Adorable Messages for the Baby
Another great idea is to write a cute message for the baby. After the baby arrives, most parents like to look back on their baby shower gifts and read the inscriptions, so it will be especially heartwarming for them to read your personal message to their baby.
When you’re coming up with a message, use the qualities you admire most in the parents-to-be as a guide for writing something sweet. Here are some great examples to get you started:
1. “I hope you grow to be kind and helpful. I hope you respect everyone and I hope you never forget what your parents teach you. They’re some smart cookies.”
2. “I just want to tell you how lucky you are to have such amazing parents. I hope you have your mama’s smile. You know, the one that can light up any room she walks into. I can’t wait to meet you soon little one, you should see how excited your parents are.
3. “I hope that you sleep early and long. Praying you aren’t afraid to show you feelings and that you get a sense of humor just like your dad’s.”
4. “Welcome, little one! I can’t wait to get to know you and watch you grow up alongside the wonderful family you’ve been brought into.”
5. “Your tiny hands and feet took your parent’s breath away. I hope you grow up to be as loving as your mommy and as outgoing as your daddy. They’re the sweetest people I know, so I believe you’re going to be an exceptional little girl/boy.”
6. “Your mommy is not only my sister but also my best friend. That’s how I know I’m going to have a great time getting to know you my dear sweet niece/nephew.”
What to Write in a Baby Shower Book: A Few Additional Tips
Once you choose the perfect quote or message to put in the baby shower book, you need to consider a few more things. For starters, where to put the inscription. Personally, I like to write my message on the first page of the book, since it’s usually blank. That way the parents can see what I wrote as soon as they open the book.
However, since some books have illustrations on the first page, you can also choose to put the inscription on the inside of the cover page.
Next, I would recommend using a permanent marker since ink tends to run or fade over time. Go for a brightly colored one that matches the book art.
Finally, remember to always wrap the book and add a personal touch to the packaging. You can choose to add a little gift for the mom, or simply attach a card to the wrapping with a personal message for the mom. I’ll leave that up to you.
Best Baby Shower Books
In case you know what to write in a baby shower book, but haven’t figured out which book to buy, here are some of my top picks:
1. The House in the Night by Susan Marie Swanson, illustrated by Beth Krommes
2. Piggies by Audrey Wood, illustrated by Don Wood
3. “More More More,” Said the Baby by Vera B. Williams
4. All the Awake Animals Are Almost Asleep by Crescent Dragonwagon, illustrated by David McPhail
5. Someday by Alison McGhee, illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds
6. Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle
7. Dream Animals: A Bedtime Journey by Emily Winfield Martin
8. Littles: And How They Grow by Kelly DiPucchio, illustrated by AG Ford
The best gifts are always the ones that come from our hearts. That way, taking the time to choose a book and write a personal inscription inside is the best way to show the parents-to-be how much you love and support them.
With that said, I hope you enjoyed reading my ideas for what to write in a baby shower book!