Every business owner knows how important it is to keep their customers happy. However, when it comes to delivering customers’ purchases, it can be hard to deliver them quickly.
Delivering parcels can be somewhat hit-and-miss. Some will arrive on time, some won’t. The good news is that it’s possible to improve the delivery times if you know how. Below, you will find a few tips that can help.
1. Talk To The Warehouse
If you promise your customers that you’ll deliver quickly, you’ll have to live up to that promise. Know who works in your warehouse and tell them you expect quick delivery.
If you deal with the deliveries yourself, you may want to hire a carrier instead. A local carrier such as courierstexas.com could potentially deliver parcels a little quicker.
2. Talk To Your Customers
Be sure to tell your customers that you received their order. You should also tell them:
- When the products they ordered have shipped
- When should they expect to receive their products
- When their products have been delivered
Sometimes a little more communication can help to keep customers happy.
3. Work On Your Shipping Hubs
Consider how well your shipping hubs work. If you send parcels across the country, you could open more hubs. Spread the hubs across a wide area as they can improve delivery times.
4. Plan For Busy Times
At certain times of the year, you may have more orders than you can deal with. Busy periods can potentially increase delivery times.
Planning ahead for busy times can be something of a lifesaver.
Hire more staff when it’s about to get busy.
Make sure there’s plenty of packing material to hand.
The more prepared you are for those busier times, the easier they will be to deal with.
5. If You Deliver Packages Yourself
If you tend to deliver packages yourself, you can potentially speed things up. Here’s how:
- Work out your route before you leave and optimize it if you can
- Organize the packages in the back of the van, so you don’t have to search for them at the next stop
- Remember you may need bathroom breaks, so account for those
- Take a bottle of water, a first aid kit, a flashlight, and your cell phone with you
- Also, take a pen and paper, a box cutter, and a marker pen
Be sure to wear shoes or boots that will protect your feet if you drop something heavy on them.
When you organize the delivery, and you make the process easy, your customers may receive their purchases quicker.
6. Be Prepared For The Unexpected
Implement a plan that you can refer to should the unexpected happen. If, for example, there’s bad weather or a problem with the supply chain, you should know what to do. Create a strategy for hypothetical scenarios, so you know what to do should things go wrong. This way, you could still deliver your customer’s purchases on time.
Use the above tips to help you to deliver your customer’s purchases quickly. When they reach your customers in good time, you could find that your business does well.